Scranton Personal Injury Lawyer
If you’ve been injured in an accident, you may be wondering if you have legal recourse beyond an insurance claim. Injuries can leave families with uncertain financial futures, such as medical bills, therapies, and lost wages. Other serious consequences associated with accidents, like depression and post-traumatic stress disorder, can diminish quality of life.
After an injury is suffered as a result of another person’s negligence, you may be eligible to recoup damages. Retaining the services of a Wilkes-Barre personal injury attorney is the first step in your road to recovery. Contact our Scranton personal injury lawyers for a free consultation to discuss the specifics of your case.
Why Choose Us?
Rosenbaum & Associates are the leading personal injury attorneys in the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton area. Clients are drawn to us because of our reputation in delivering compassionate counsel, while aggressively pursuing a fair settlement from the parties responsible for your injuries. We have been serving eastern Pennsylvania for over 25 years, and would like the opportunity to serve you.
Do I Have A Personal Injury Claim?
Rosenbaum & Associates’ Wilkes-Barre and Scranton area law firm has experience in settling claims for clients in a variety of legal situations. We have experience in virtually every area of personal injury law. The following are examples of the kinds of cases we handle:
- Medical malpractice – Your health care providers are obligated to exercise reasonable care in the delivery of health services. If they don’t, and you’re injured as a result, you may be eligible for compensation.
- Product liability – Those involved in the manufacture, distribution, and retail of the products you use must employ reasonable care in assembling and selling them.
- Premises liability – Also known as “slip and fall” liability, these kinds of cases cover injuries that occur on another’s property.
- Workplace injuries – Employers are mandated to provide workers’ compensation coverage, but you may have legal recourse beyond the initial claim.
- Exposure to toxic substances – Noxious elements in the air, soil, or water may render you or your loved ones sick, which necessitates the help of a personal injury attorney.
- Permanently disabling injuries – When a catastrophic injury renders you or a loved one unable to maintain your previous quality of life, we can help you get a settlement to pay for your injury’s long-term effects.
- Nursing home abuse – Our nation’s most vulnerable individuals are also prone to abuse. If you suspect a loved one has experienced abuse, contact our attorneys to hold the abusers responsible.
- Dog bites – Owners must take precautions to secure their pets. If they’re negligent in this duty, you may be eligible for compensation.
- Car accidents – including motorcycles and trucks.
- Drunk driving
- Distracted driving
- Burn injuries – including scalding and electrocution.
- Wrongful death.
The Basic Elements of Your Personal Injury Claim
In order to prevail in a personal injury claim you must prove the following four things:
- That the person you are suing (the defendant) had a duty to exercise care around you. For example, doctors are required to follow an established standard of care with their patients.
- The defendant violated that duty of care, or was negligent.
- That negligence directly led to your injuries.
- Those injuries led to significant damages. For example, you incurred significant medical bills, lost wages by missing work, or experienced significant pain and suffering because of your injuries.
Choose a Scranton Personal Injury Lawyer That Fights for You
Many clients worry about paying legal fees, which is why we offer our services on a contingency fee basis. This allows us to be selective about the cases we take, and gives our clients the opportunity to have quality legal representation with no fee if we don’t win the case. To schedule your free case evaluation and learn more about our process, please contact our Scranton personal injury attorneys.