Delaware County Birth Injury Attorney
Birth injuries can have devastating, lasting effects on children before they have a chance to begin their lives. The negligence of medical professionals, from obstetricians to delivery room nurses, is far-too-often the cause of birth injuries. If your child suffered injuries at the hands of a Delaware County healthcare worker, he or she deserves justice.
Rosenbaum & Associates can help. With over 25 years of experience and several multi-million settlements on our record, you can trust our Delaware County Birth Injury Attorneys to fight your child’s right to recovery from consultation to verdict.
Why Choose Us
- Our firm has recovered millions of dollars for our clients over our years of operation. We dedicate ourselves to maximizing your compensation
- While many cases settle out of court, we approach each case as if it will reach trial. This preparation provides our attorneys with maximum leverage during negotiations
- Birth injury cases require access to medical professionals who can validate your claims. At Rosenbaum & Associates, we have developed relationships with expert witnesses who can testify on your behalf
Common Causes of Birth Injuries
Birth injuries refer to any damage you or your child sustain before, during, and after the childbirth process. There are multiple types of birth injuries, including cerebral palsy, brachial plexus injuries, oxygen deprivation, nerve damage, and bone fractures.
Many acts of negligence may contribute to these injuries, including the following.
- Failure to adequately prepare for delivery
- Failure to respond to signs of fetal distress
- Failure to diagnose common pregnancy complications prior to delivery, such as preeclampsia
- Failure to monitor a baby’s oxygen levels during labor and delivery
- Failure to order a necessary cesarean section in a timely manner
- Prescribing medications that may harm the fetus or mother
- Using excessive force when delivering the baby, such as the use of force
Your Legal Options After a Birth Injury
If you believe your child suffered a birth injury, you may qualify for compensation through a medical malpractice lawsuit. Medical malpractice occurs when a medical professional fails to uphold his or her duty of care to a patient through a negligent act or omission.
To prove that negligence caused your child’s birth injury, you will need to establish four important facts.
- The at-fault professional owed your child a duty of care at the time of the injury.
- The at-fault professional breached his or her duty of care that a similarly trained and reasonably prudent professional would not have in the same situation.
- This breach of care directly caused your child’s birth injuries.
- Your child suffered damages due to his or her birth injuries
For example, if your child developed cerebral palsy after the obstetrician did not respond to signs of oxygen deprivation, you can establish that he or she owed your child a duty to uphold the professional standard of care. You can use a medical expert witness to testify that a reasonable professional would monitor for those signs and respond more quickly than the obstetrician did in your case, and the expert can validate your child’s injuries and need for damages.
Contact Rosenbaum & Associates Today
Has your child sustained a birth injury due to the negligence of a medical professional? Rosenbaum & Associates can help. We represent Delaware County clients in their fight for compensation in Pennsylvania civil court, providing the skills and resources you need to hold healthcare workers accountable.
Contact us today to schedule a free consultation with one of our Delaware County birth injury attorneys.