Delaware County Car Accident Attorney
Car accidents are common in Pennsylvania — according to the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation, over 75,000 people suffered injuries or died in collisions during 2019 alone. The impact of these accidents can be severe; if you are a victim of a Delaware County collision, you may experience financial losses, emotional distress, and physical pain.
Since Pennsylvania is a no-fault insurance state, navigating your legal options can be difficult alone. Rosenbaum & Associates can guide you through the process and help you recover the compensation you deserve.
Why Choose Us
- The attorneys at Rosenbaum & Associates have helped thousands of people seek compensation for car accidents over our 25 years of operation
- Our firm partners with knowledgeable expert witnesses who can aid your case, from medical and economics experts to accident reconstruction specialists
- We operate on a contingency fee basis. You do not have to pay our firm’s legal fees unless we secure a settlement on your behalf — we assume the risk
Pennsylvania’s No-Fault Insurance System
Most states follow a traditional fault-based car accident system: the person responsible has to pay for the damages of the victims, and you would typically file a claim with his or her insurance company. Pennsylvania, on the other hand, follows a no-fault insurance system.
This means that your own insurance company will pay for the damages you suffer in the accident, regardless of fault. Pennsylvania’s laws require all drivers to purchase minimum amounts of insurance to pay for their injuries after a car accident.
Under a no-fault insurance system, you have three main options for legal action.
- You can file a claim with your own insurance company.
- You can file a personal injury lawsuit in Pennsylvania civil court.
- You can file a claim with the at-fault party’s insurance company if you suffer a serious injury, or a personal injury resulting in death, impairment, or permanent disfigurement
Your attorney from Rosenbaum & Associates will evaluate your claim and determine which pathway is right for you.
Do You Need a Lawyer for a Car Accident Claim?
Since car accidents are so common, you may wonder if it is worth the time and effort to hire a lawyer to represent your claim. While they may seem simple, insurance claims and car accident lawsuits are very complex, and hiring a lawyer can provide a number of important benefits.
Your attorney can evaluate your claim value and ensure you receive adequate settlement offers, enlist expert witnesses to testify on your behalf, and conduct a full-scale investigation into your claim. Your lawyer can also represent you in negotiations, prepare your case for trial, and advise you on the best course of action.
Rosenbaum & Associates’ Delaware County personal injury attorneys provide all of these important services and more on a contingency fee basis for maximum affordability. We will work tirelessly for your right to compensation.
Were You in a Car Accident in Delaware County?
After an accident, it’s important to protect your right to compensation. Pennsylvania has a two-year statute of limitations for car accident lawsuits, and an insurance company may doubt your credibility if you take a long time to file.
Contact the Delaware County car accident lawyers at Rosenbaum & Associates to discuss your claim. During your free consultation, we will explain your legal options, the viability of your case, and the next steps you can take to seek justice.