Delaware County Nursing Home Abuse Attorney
When our elderly loved ones enter a nursing home, we expect these facilities to uphold a high standard of care and meet the needs of their residents. Unfortunately, abuse occurs far too often in Pennsylvania nursing homes, leading to severe injuries, worsening illness, and death.
If you or your loved one suffered abuse in a Delaware County nursing facility, Rosenbaum & Associates can help. Our Delaware County nursing home abuse attorneys have over 25 years of experience helping elderly Pennsylvania residents seek justice for nursing home abuse. If you suspect you or a loved one have fallen victim to nursing home abuse, contact
Why Choose Us
- Our Delaware County injury attorneys prepare each case as if it will go to trial, allowing us to provide the strongest possible representation from consultation to settlement
- Since we only focus on personal injury law, our firm has a wide range of resources to aid your case, from medical witness testimony to economic experts who can calculate your case value
- Our firm operates on a contingency fee basis for maximum affordability. You do not have to pay legal fees unless we recover compensation on your behalf
What Is Nursing Home Abuse?
Nursing home abuse refers to any type of violence that nursing home residents suffer, usually at the hands of a facility and its staff members. These actions can be intentionally harmful, or they may occur out of sheer negligence.
Many types of abuse can occur in nursing facilities, including the following.
- Physical abuse
- Sexual abuse
- Neglect and abandonment
- Financial abuse and extortion
- Psychological, emotional, and verbal abuse
If you believe your loved one is a victim of nursing home abuse, the signs to watch for depend on the type of abuse he or she is suffering from. The bottom line is that if you notice anything unusual, you should investigate.
For example, if you notice unexplained funds missing from your loved one’s bank account, he or she may be the victim of financial abuse. If you notice bedsores, nursing home staff members may be neglecting him or her. Unexplained injuries and sudden changes in behavior are common signs of abuse, and neglect can lead to poor hygiene, malnutrition, and dehydration.
What to Do If You Suspect Nursing Home Abuse
Realizing your loved one is the victim of abuse can be a terrifying experience. In these situations, it is important to remain calm, protect your loved one, and preserve evidence for your future claim. As soon as you suspect abuse, take the following steps.
- Call 911 if your loved one is in immediate danger or requires emergency medical attention
- Talk to your loved one and ask him or her if anything is happening. Keep in mind that your loved one may not want to admit that he or she is experiencing abuse, so use your best judgment
- Document all pieces of evidence possible. With your loved one’s permission, photograph his or her injuries, save all medical reports, collect relevant documents, and write down a description of each incident of abuse
- File a complaint against the nursing home with the Pennsylvania Department of Health. The agency will investigate the claim and implement corrective measures if necessary
- Speak to a Delaware County nursing home abuse lawyer immediately. Your lawyer will launch an investigation into the abuse, gather necessary evidence, and begin the filing process
Do You Need a Delaware County Nursing Home Abuse Attorney?
Nursing home abuse can lead to serious physical injuries, financial ruin, and lasting psychological consequences. Whether you experienced nursing home abuse firsthand or suspect your loved one is experiencing this harm, Rosenbaum & Associates can help.
Our injury attorneys have represented nursing home residents in their claims against Pennsylvania facilities for over 25 years. We have the skills, strategies, and knowledge to help you recover the compensation you deserve.
Contact us today to schedule a free consultation. Our Delaware County nursing home lawyers are available to explain your legal options and answer any question you may have.