Montgomery County Birth Injury Attorney
Birth injuries can be devastating to infants, mothers, and their families alike. Negligent medical practices, such as the use of forceps or improper fetal monitoring, can lead to severe injuries that have lifelong impacts, including cerebral palsy, brachial plexus injury, and permanent brain damage.
If your child sustained birth injuries at the hands of a medical professional, you need a Montgomery County Birth Injury attorney on your side. Rosenbaum & Associates will strive for the best possible outcome from consultation to settlement. Contact our firm to see how we can help.
Why Choose Us
- Our nationally-recognized firm has recovered millions of dollars in compensation for our Pennsylvania clients. We strive to maximize your child’s potential settlement to meet his or her needs.
- Birth injury lawsuits are highly complex and require knowledgeable legal representation. Our firm has over 25 years of civil litigation experience and partners with leading expert witnesses who can strengthen your lawsuit.
- To limit your out of pocket expenses, we take each case on a contingency fee basis. Our medical malpractice team will only receive payment for our services if we secure a settlement in your case
What Is a Birth Injury?
A birth injury occurs when a fetus sustains harm due to an adverse event during childbirth. A child can sustain a number of injuries due to the negligence of a medical professional during any stage of pregnancy, including delivery and prenatal care.
Often, these birth injuries occur due to oxygen deprivation during labor and delivery, which can lead to permanent brain damage, cerebral palsy, and intellectual disabilities. In other cases, the use of excessive force can lead to permanent nerve damage, bone fractures, and conditions such as Erb’s palsy and bleeding of the brain.
A mother may also take a harmful medication, develop an infection or prenatal condition that goes undiagnosed, or undergo dangerous treatment that harms the baby before labor. Workplace conditions, such as exposure to chemicals, may also contribute to birth defects and injuries.
What Acts of Negligence Can Cause Birth Injuries?
Labor and delivery are very delicate processes, so medical professionals need to adhere to accepted standards of care during childbirth. Unfortunately, these professionals do not always uphold these standards of care, leading to severe consequences.
Many negligent acts can contribute to a child’s birth injury, including the following.
- Prescribing dangerous prescription drugs to the mother that harm the fetus
- Failure to adequately prepare for labor and delivery
- Failure to monitor and promptly respond to signs of fetal distress, such as oxygen deprivation
- Using excessive force to deliver an infant, such as the use of forceps
- Failure to order a necessary caesarean section, such as when the baby has a high birth rate or is born in breech
Understanding the cause of your child’s birth injury is key to your lawsuit. Identifying the cause helps you determine who is liable for your child’s damages — if a negligent obstetrician’s failure to monitor your child’s vital signs caused the injury, for example, you will name him or her in your lawsuit.
Contact Rosenbaum & Associates Today
The Montgomery County birth injury attorneys at Rosenbaum & Associates advocates for the rights of birth injury victims by representing Montgomery County residents in their lawsuits against negligent medical practitioners. With a strong track record of success and nearly three decades of experience, we have the knowledge and resources to fight for your child’s right to compensation each step of the way.
Contact our firm today to schedule your consultation with our Montgomery County birth injury lawyers and learn more about your child’s legal options.