Montgomery County Dog Bite Attorney
While dogs may seem like friendly pets, these animals have the ability to cause serious damage. Dog attacks can lead to serious physical injuries, bacterial infections, permanent psychological scarring, and more. If you have suffered a dog bite, our Montgomery County dog bite attorneys can help. Contact our firm for a free consultation.
We have over 25 years of experience helping Montgomery County residents seek the monetary damages they deserve. Dog attack victims have the right to collect compensation for their injuries through a civil lawsuit — and our Montgomery County dog bite lawyers are here to fight for your recovery.
Why Choose Us
- Our firm has recovered millions of dollars in settlements for our clients. We carefully evaluate each claim to determine its value, and constantly advocate for maximum compensation.
- Our contingency fee system limits your out of pocket expenses. Our firm will only collect payment for our services if we secure a settlement on your behalf.
- We understand the intricacies of Pennsylvania personal injury law deeply; for the past 25 years, our sole focus has been on representing personal injury cases across multiple practice areas, including dog bites
Pennsylvania Dog Bite Laws
The amount of compensation you can claim in a dog bite case depends on the circumstances surrounding the attack. Under Pennsylvania’s strict liability laws, owners are always liable for the medical expenses of their dogs’ victims, regardless of previous incidents or negligence. To claim additional compensation, such as lost wages or pain and suffering damages, you will need to prove that negligence played a role in the attack.
You can establish negligence by providing evidence to support two facts:
- The dog had unmistakably vicious tendencies. This means that the dog has a history of vicious behavior, which may include previous bites or attacks, growling at a passer by, lunging or charging without provocation, and many other acts of aggression.
- The owner neglected to control the animal properly. This typically involves violating Pennsylvania’s leash laws or violating requirements for handling dangerous dogs.
The dog owner may also be criminally liable for your injuries if your case meets certain criteria. If the dog has a history of vicious tendencies and has either severely injured a person or another animal, or the owner used the dog to commit a crime, the state could charge him or her for harboring a dangerous dog.
Do You Need a Montgomery County Dog Bite Lawyer for Your Claim?
After sustaining injuries in a dog attack, you can face serious emotional, physical, and financial damages. You may need to pay for expensive treatments and lose wages while taking time off work. You may also suffer from lasting consequences, such as post-traumatic stress disorder or permanent scarring. All of these damages can have a severe impact on your quality of life, and if a dog owner is responsible for your injuries, you deserve to hold him or her accountable.
To seek maximum compensation, you need an experienced injury lawyer on your side. A dog bite attorney can provide multiple benefits to your case, including the following.
- Knowledge of Pennsylvania dog bite laws and which liability statute applies to your case
- Access to expert witnesses who can validate your claim and advocate for your right to maximum compensation
- The ability to evaluate your claim value and negotiate for a higher settlement on your behalf
- Experience handling negotiations with insurance companies and other defense attorneys
Hiring a lawyer to represent your claim is an important step in protecting your right to compensation. For best results, speak to a lawyer from Rosenbaum & Associates as soon as possible after seeking treatment for your injuries.
Contact Rosenbaum & Associates Today
Are you suffering from the aftermath of a dog attack? You are not alone, and you deserve justice. The Montgomery County dog bite attorneys at Rosenbaum & Associates can guide you through the complex litigation process, allowing you to focus on healing. We will explore every possible avenue to maximize your recovery.
Contact our firm today to learn more about our legal services. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to answer your questions and discuss your path forward.