Montgomery County Nursing Home Abuse Attorney
When our elderly loved ones live in a nursing home, we expect the staff at these facilities to uphold a certain standard of care. We certainly do not expect our loved ones to suffer abuse or neglect at these facilities — but the unfortunate reality is that nursing home abuse occurs too often.
If you or a loved one are suffering any type of abuse or neglect in a nursing home, Rosenbaum & Associates can help. Our Montgomery County nursing home abuse lawyers have over 25 years of experience and will fight aggressively for your loved one’s right to compensation.
Why Choose Us
- Our Montgomery County nursing home abuse attorneys prepare each case as if it will go to trial, providing us with maximum leverage and signaling to the defendant that we are prepared to fight for your compensation.
- We have developed relationships with expert witnesses who can testify in your case, strengthening your loved one’s claims and overall credibility.
- Our firm operates on a contingency fee basis; you do not have to pay any legal fees unless we secure a settlement for your loved one.
Elder Abuse Statistics
Because of the nature of these actions, it is difficult to collect accurate data that shows how severe nursing home abuse actually is. Senior citizens, especially those with physical or cognitive impairments, are extremely vulnerable to many types of abuse inside and outside of care facilities.
The World Health Organization provides the following statistics on elder abuse around the world.
- Approximately one in six elders aged 60 and older experience some form of abuse in a community setting, or a nursing home.
- Only one out of every 24 cases of elder abuse result in a formal report.
- Two out of every three nursing home staff members committed an act of abuse in the past year.
Although these statistics encompass multiple countries, Pennsylvania senior citizens are still subject to serious acts of abuse within nursing homes. If you have a loved one who you believe is experiencing abuse, it is important to seek help.
Signs of Nursing Home Abuse
Elders can experience many types of abuse within nursing facilities, from abandonment and neglect to physical and psychological harm. Sexual abuse and financial exploitation may also occur. While abuse can be hard to identify, there are certain signs you can look for.
- Physical abuse: bruises, fractures, internal injuries, cuts, abrasions, burns, head trauma
- Sexual abuse: pain or bleeding in the pelvic area, sexually transmitted diseases, emotional withdrawal, skin irritation, difficulty sitting or walking
- Financial abuse: missing funds or possessions, unexplained transactions, forged checks, identity theft
- Neglect: bedsores, undiagnosed illnesses or injuries, dirty bedding, poor hygiene, dehydration, malnutrition
- Psychological abuse: depression, fearfulness, post-traumatic stress disorder, withdrawal, anxiety
If your loved one exhibits any signs of abuse, it is important to approach him or her with care and respect, and explain that you want to help. Abuse victims are not always willing to disclose details, and the perpetrators can make their victims feel unsafe reporting the crime or telling their loved ones about what they are experiencing.
After speaking with your loved one, contact a nursing home abuse attorney to help you seek justice.
Contact Rosenbaum & Associates Today
Elder abuse is a heinous crime, and if you believe your loved one is suffering from abuse in his or her nursing home, Rosenbaum & Associates can help. Our Montgomery County personal injury attorneys represent the best interests of senior citizens across Pennsylvania, including Montgomery County. We will fight aggressively to maximize your loved one’s recovery during each stage of litigation.
Contact our firm today to schedule an appointment with a Montgomery County nursing home abuse lawyer. We are available to schedule your free consultation 24 hours a day, seven days a week.