Media Birth Injury Attorney
While we expect medical professionals to uphold a certain standard of care during the childbirth process, some Media, PA healthcare workers commit serious acts of negligence. From improper fetal monitoring to failing to diagnose a mother with common prenatal conditions before labor, these actions can lead to serious birth injuries and complications.
If your child sustained an injury during childbirth, you may qualify for financial compensation through a lawsuit in Pennsylvania civil court. The Media birth injury attorneys at Rosenbaum & Associates can represent your claim, leveraging our 25 years of personal injury experience to maximize your child’s recovery. Contact our firm for a free consultation to discuss the specifics of your case.
Why Choose Us
- Our Media personal injury attorneys partner with leading expert witnesses who can provide testimony on your child’s behalf, including medical doctors who can validate your child’s injuries.
- Our firm provides personalized attention to each and every client. We will always answer your questions, update you on your case status, and let you know how to best prepare.
- We understand how financially difficult a birth injury can be. That’s why we operate on a contingency fee basis — you do not pay legal fees unless we secure a settlement in your case.
Common Types of Birth Injuries
Many acts of medical negligence can occur throughout pregnancy, resulting in harm to the mother and fetus alike. These injuries can have lifelong impacts, requiring ongoing medical care, disability accommodations, special therapies, and other expensive treatment options.
Common birth injuries include the following.
- Cerebral palsy
- Brachial plexus injury, or Erb’s palsy
- Brain asphyxia
- Facial nerve damage
- Skull fractures
- Permanent paralysis
- Intellectual disabilities
- Asphyxia and hypoxia
- Prenatal infections
Compensation for Media, PA Birth Injuries
In your birth injury lawsuit, you have the right to claim compensation for any physical, emotional, or financial harm your family suffered due to your child’s birth injury. The bulk of your settlement will likely go to your child’s ongoing medical care; the Media birth injury attorneys at Rosenbaum & Associates will connect you with healthcare and economics experts who can create a long-term care plan to calculate your child’s future expenses.
You can also receive compensation for the following damages related to your child’s injuries.
- Transportation to and from medical appointments
- Live-in caregivers
- Disability accommodations to your home and vehicle
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
- Loss of lifetime earning capacity
How Long Do You Have to File a Birth Injury Lawsuit?
All civil lawsuits in Pennsylvania are subject to statutes of limitations, which are deadlines you must file your claim by. If you file your lawsuit after this period ends, the court will dismiss your claim. In most cases, you have two years from the date of your child’s birth injury to file.
If you did not discover your child’s condition until a later date, you will file your claim on the date you discovered the birth injury. However, Pennsylvania does not allow you to file a medical malpractice claim more than seven years after the original medical error occurred.
Contact Our Law Firm Today
If your child suffered a birth injury due to a medical professional’s negligence, Rosenbaum & Associates can help. Our attorneys have a wide network of resources we can utilize to investigate your child’s injuries, validate your claim, and prove your need for compensation. We also partner with economic experts who can calculate your child’s long-term care costs.
Contact Rosenbaum & Associates today to schedule your free consultation. Our Media birth injury lawyersin PA are happy to answer any questions you may have and inform you of your best legal options.