Media Dog Bite Injury Attorney
Although dogs may be a common and popular pet among Media, PA residents, these animals have the potential to cause serious harm. Due to characteristics like sharp teeth, high body weights, and infected saliva, dog attacks can lead to broken bones, severe lacerations, illness, permanent disfigurement, and more.
If you are the victim of a dog attack, you are not alone. The Media dog bite attorneys in Pennsylvania at Rosenbaum & Associates are here to advocate for your best interests, helping you prove the dog owner’s liability and recover the compensation you deserve.
Why Choose Us
- With over 25 years of experience in personal injury law, Rosenbaum & Associates has the skills, knowledge, and track record necessary to handle your dog bite claim.
- Our attorneys prioritize each and every client. We will always provide your case with the individual, personalized attention it deserves so we can best advocate for your needs.
- Our firm operates on a contingency fee basis; unless we recover compensation on your behalf, you do not have to pay legal fees.
Common Injuries in Dog Bite Lawsuits
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, nearly 1 in 5 dog bite injuries require medical attention. These injuries often result in thousands of dollars in medical expenses, require lengthy recovery times, and cause severe physical and psychological pain.
Some of the most common dog bite injuries include the following.
- Facial disfigurement: Many dog attacks result in damage to the face, leading to permanent scarring and the need for facial reconstruction surgery. These scars can greatly impact your quality of life and lead to severe physical and emotional pain.
- Infections: You may develop an infection from bacteria and viruses in the dog’s saliva, such as rabies, tetanus, or MRSA. These conditions can result in severe pain, paralysis, and other major complications.
- Mental health conditions: A dog attack can have a severe impact on a person’s psychological well-being. You may develop post-traumatic stress disorder, anxiety, or experience panic attacks after suffering a bite.
When Is an Owner Liable for a Dog Bite?
Dog bite laws differ across the United States — in Pennsylvania especially. Dog owners are subject to varying levels of liability depending on the circumstances surrounding your attack. Under Pennsylvania’s strict liability statute, dog owners are responsible for the medical expenses of anyone their dog attacks or bites. This means you can collect compensation for your treatment costs, but not for any other damages.
However, you can collect compensation for all of your physical, emotional, and financial losses if you can prove that the owner was negligent. To establish negligence, you must prove that the owner knew that his or her dog had unmistakably vicious tendencies and he or she neglected to control the animal.
A dog does not necessarily need to bite someone to have vicious tendencies. Previous attacks on humans and other animals, growling whenever another person walks by, and lunging, charging, or chasing other people can establish a history of vicious behavior.
Contact Rosenbaum & Associates Today
A dog attack can be a terrifying experience, resulting in severe, life-altering injuries and lengthy recovery times. In these situations, you may qualify for a civil lawsuit to receive compensation for your damages. The Media, PA dog bite injury attorneys at Rosenbaum & Associates will handle each aspect of your case on your behalf, allowing you to focus on recovery, not paperwork.
Contact Rosenbaum & Associates today to schedule a free consultation. During your consultation, our dog bite lawyers will gladly answer your questions, determine your case eligibility, and explain your next steps.