Media Nursing Home Abuse Attorney
Elders deserve to receive respect and adequate treatment from the facilities they live in, but nursing home abuse is a serious problem across the United States. Many factors contribute to neglect, financial extortion, and physical, sexual, and emotional abuse among senior citizens — including understaffing, improper background checks, and other acts of negligence.
If you suspect your loved one is the victim of nursing home abuse, Rosenbaum & Associates can help. Our Media Nursing Home Abuse Attorneys will hold the facility and employees liable for their actions through a nursing home abuse lawsuit, securing the compensation your loved one needs to recover.
Why Choose Us
- Nursing home abuse is a sensitive subject, and your loved one deserves to tell his or her story. We give each case personalized attention so we can provide the best possible representation.
- Our attorneys only handle personal injury claims, providing us with valuable skills, resources, and experience working within Pennsylvania court systems that we can apply to your case.
- Our firm has successfully recovered millions of dollars for our clients over our years of operation. We aim to maximize your loved one’s recovery to ensure his or her future well-being.
Nursing Home Abuse Statistics
Unfortunately, abuse against elderly people is common throughout the United States, and this type of harm is likely to occur in community settings like nursing homes. According to the National Center for Elder Abuse (NCEA), 7.6% of complaints made to nursing home Ombudsman programs in 2014 involved abuse, neglect and exploitation.
Disabled adults and adults with dementia are at a particularly high risk of elder abuse, as are adults who have low social support. A 2009 study found that nearly 50% of adults with dementia experienced some sort of abuse.
What Are the Types of Nursing Home Abuse?
Nursing home residents can experience multiple forms of abuse at the hands of caregivers, administrators, and even the facility itself. These types of abuse range from financial extortion to violent physical harm.
- Nursing home physical abuse involves the use of physical force to inflict pain or injury. This may include pushing, hitting, slapping, pinching, burning, and the use of physical punishment.
- Sexual abuse involves any non-consensual sexual contact, including unwanted touching, explicit photography, sexual assault, and coerced nudity.
- Neglect occurs when a person fails to meet an elderly person’s basic needs or uphold certain obligations or duties to the elder. Common signs of neglect include poor hygiene, malnutrition, and bedsores.
- Emotional and verbal abuse occurs when a person uses intimidation, insults, verbal assaults or threats, or verbal harassment to cause an elderly person pain or distress.
- Financial abuse occurs when another person extorts, drains, or improperly uses an elderly person’s funds. Forgery, cashing unauthorized checks, stealing money or possessions, and coercing an elder to change his or her will are all types of financial abuse.
If you notice any signs of nursing home abuse, it is important to get your loved one to safety. Call 911 if he or she is in immediate danger or needs emergency medical attention, contact the Pennsylvania Department of Health to report the abuse, and reach out to an attorney at Rosenbaum & Associates as soon as possible.
Contact Rosenbaum & Associates Today
Nursing home abuse is a sensitive subject, but if you believe your loved one is in danger, it is important to seek help immediately. After receiving medical attention and reporting the abuse to the Pennsylvania Department of Health, contact Rosenbaum & Associates immediately.
Our Media, PA nursing home abuse attorneys will launch an in-depth investigation into your loved one’s case, determining who is responsible for his or her damages, and collecting valuable pieces of evidence. Schedule your free consultation to discuss your next steps and begin the filing process.